Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dieter Rams' Principles of Good Design

Dieter Rams is one of my favourite designers. I love how the things he designs are so simple but yet so perfect. I saw this video at the BLAAAHg, it's very interesting. and now I want to furnish my whole apartment with his things. great.

Dieter Rams' Principles of Good Design from Cool Hunting on Vimeo.



I still have that Wallpaper* issue edited by Rams, Slimane and Koons, I can spend hours looking at it.

"
01 Good design is innovative
02 Good design makes a product useful
03 Good design is aesthetic
04 Good design helps a product to be understood
05 Good design is unobstrusive
06 Good design is honest
07 Good design is durable
08 Good design is consistent to the last detail
09 Good design is concerned with the environment
10 Good design is as little design as possible
"

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
all pictures via google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails